Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm disappointed

So, some of you may not know that I'm a huge fan of Polish soccer. I've been following the Ekstraklasa and the lower leagues for awhile; I support Wisla Krakow and Lechia Gdansk, and to a lesser extent, Slask Wroclaw. Anyway, that's my boy Patryk Malecki of Wisla sporting the team's new away kit. He's got a little bit of sass in that picture and I also like how he's throwing in a thumbs up, just like I do in many pictures.

But, today was the day the league was supposed to start. Note that I say supposed to start. Unfortunately, league play did not begin today because of the HUGE corruption problems in Polish soccer. PZPN (the Polish FA) illegally relegated clubs for corruption. It's not that the clubs weren't corrupt, it's just that PZPN is so corrupt that they don't even do things they right way. Back on topic, it's still not totally clear which teams will all compete in the top flight. The 2nd match day will now become the first, which will be made up in late October.

Off-topic now, I just got home from work half an hour ago. There was no producer today in the sports department, so that just made things a little more difficult. On the bright side, it meant that I got to do some more work. Yes, I am actually glad that I got to do more. It made things a little more interesting than usual. Not that I get bored, I just liked the additional responsibilities. I don't know many other interns who get to do as much as I do.

No comments: