Monday, July 7, 2008

Go Gladiators!

I've never been a big fan of Arena Football. I don't like the fact that such little defense is played. Honestly, the constant up and down, scoring-at-will mentality of the game gets a little boring after a while, in my humble opinion. However, I have loved watching the Gladiators make this playoff run. They looked impressive tonight against a hot Georgia team (they'd won 7 out of their last 8). I interviewed a couple of the players (well, technically only Alphonso Hodge, I held a microphone in front of the other players) and they all seemed like decent guys. Hodge and Otis Amey even complimented me on my kicks (I was sporting my LeBron's).

So, I say watch this team. They're on ESPN this Saturday at 1pm playing Philadelphia for a spot in the Arena Bowl. After the game, come celebrate the Gladiators' victory by coming down to Krenzler to watch your Cleveland City Stars beat Crystal Palace Baltimore.

No comments: