Tuesday, July 1, 2008

US Open Cup Third Round Preview

CHICAGO FIRE VS. CLEVELAND CITY STARS
US OPEN CUP THIRD ROUND
TOYOTA PARK
KICK OFF - 8:30 PM EST

We go into tomorrow's match looking for a big upset. Some key players were rested on Saturday in preparation for this game, so the boys should be fully rested and ready to go. Last season multiple USL-2 teams scored victories against MLS sides. However, I think things will be different this year now that the winner of the Open Cup gets a birth into the CONCACAF Champions League. MLS teams now see value in winning this tournament. Will it be tough for us? Of course it will. Do we have a chance? Of course we do. However, we're going to have to play our best. I know the boys will be up for this.

My prediction: Chicago 2-0 Cleveland
I think Chicago are just the better team. I'm hoping for an upset, I'm just not that optimistic.

No comments: